Coconut oil is beneficial for the skin and tasty in your dishes. It is an oil whose rating increases more and more with the maturity of natural products that are good for the health and beauty of the skin. We talk about the virtues of coconut oil and we are almost sure that it will not leave your closets, bathroom or kitchen.
The coconut and its oil are exotic foods for us but for many populations they are staple foods, consumed regularly. Observations have shown that these populations are among the healthiest people in the world.
Coconut oil, a health ally of great value
Raw virgin coconut oil is an important source of essential fatty acids. It contains a unique combination of fatty acids with powerful medicinal properties: medium chain triglycerides that are metabolized differently and that have effects on brain activity. They can also have effects on the decrease of blood sugar. Coconut oil, ideal for cooking
It is possible to find mainly two types of coconut oil: a virgin and a refined. Virgin oil keeps all the flavor and smell of coconut in the dishes where it is used. On the other hand, the refined oil does not keep this smell or the flavor. That said, it preserves all its nutritional qualities and its benefits. Coconut oil withstands high temperatures, so it is ideal for cooking.
Coconut oil, for the beauty of skin, hair and nails
- You can use coconut oil as a makeup remover, as a moisturizer for the body or as a nourishing mask for the hair. It is also possible to clean your teeth with a paste made of a mixture of coconut oil and baking soda.
- Coconut oil can also be used as sunscreen that blocks about 20% of the sun’s ultraviolet rays.
- It can be used to rinse the mouth: it kills harmful bacteria and thus preserves dental health and helps eliminate bad breath.
- To enjoy all the benefits of coconut oil, choose a virgin oil from organic farming. You can use it for cooking or for beauty treatments as well. You can keep the coconut oil at room temperature for a year.
How to choose your raw virgin coconut oil?
- For its optimum qualities, we opt for a coconut oil 100% virgin, that is to say unrefined. Non-hydrogenated and resulting from a first cold pressing, coconut oil retains its properties. The absence of treatments or chemical transformation makes this oil a natural product with preserved nutrients.
- We will choose a coconut oil from organic farming, certified 100% organic for culinary or body use healthy and natural. You will find it easily in organic store, with other culinary oils, but also in e-shop in the section dedicated to care.
- The cosmetic benefits of coconut oil
Soften skin with coconut oil
- Coconut oil has an emollient function, which will relax the skin and give it a pleasant sensation of softness. Applied on the skin, coconut oil nourishes and moisturizes deeply. Oil acting on the flexibility of your skin, its application is recommended to reduce stretch marks. Ideal on skins or dry areas, this non-comedogenic oil will not only repair the skin but also protect it from imperfections. Its anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties will calm small irritations and cutaneous infections
Nourish hair with coconut oil
- The nourishing action of coconut oil is also very effective on the hair. It is used as a mask before shampooing or in an oil bath. Particularly recommended for frizzy, curly, curly or dry hair, it restores shine and tone to your hair. Also know that it is recommended to fight against lice!
All the products of Skinny and Company are formulated simply from natural things. The coconut oil does not have any additional chemicals to offer any side effects to skin.